Palazzo Bomben

Palazzo Bomben, overlooking the waterway called The Roggia, is in the Old Town of Treviso, a stone’s throw from the Cathedral.
Built on top of ancient buildings, dating to the 14th-15th century, it holds a special place in the town’s history: before 1280 it had been occupied by the palace of the noble De Castelli family; then by the Tempestas, the bishop’s public officers, and by the da Carrara family. Later on, the Republic of Venice gifted it to the Bomben family who, between the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, renovated it according to the typical neoclassical shapes and decoration styles of the time, which it still features today.
Severely damaged by the bomb raids of WWII, after years of neglect the palace was eventually purchased in 1999 by the Benetton Group and, between 2002 and 2003, it underwent accurate restoration overseen by architect Tobia Scarpa, which included restoration of the original elements that had not been damaged or whose traces were still visible, including a sixteenth-century decorated ceiling. In the part overlooking The Roggia canal, wide spaces were obtained, intended for an auditorium and multi-purpose spaces.
The restored premises offer a number of rooms suited for a diversity of events: public or private meetings, workshops, conferences, exhibitions, chamber concerts, aperitifs, buffet receptions and more.
The auditorium on the ground floor has stalls and balconies; there is a seminar hall on the third floor; the four rooms on the piano nobile can also be used independently and include the sala della Roggia, the most modern one, in the west wing of the palace, in the area that had collapsed after the 1944 bomb raids; the sala delle Vedute, which is the first from the main staircase and features the precious sixteenth century ceiling; the sala delle Ore, with original frescoes and stuccoes dating to the early nineteenth century, attributed to the painter Giovan Battista Canal; the sala dei Miti, which is the smallest yet the most richly decorated one, with neoclassical style mythology-themed decorations, also painted by Canal.
The garden, connected to the town by a footbridge over The Roggia canal, features refined geometries and exquisite arrangements of plants. It is an outdoor space in the very heart of the town, yet able to assure a certain degree of privacy, as it lies outside the main thoroughfares and shopping routes.

1. Entrance hall 120 mq
2. Courtyard 57 mq
3. Auditorium 150 posti


4. Sala della Roggia 140 mq
5. Sala delle Vedute 79 mq
6. Sala delle Ore 74 mq
7. Sala dei Miti 58 mq


8. Seminar hall 130 mq

Auditorium
– Capacity 150 people (stalls and balconies)
– Video projection equipment
– Audio/video system
– 2 simultaneous translation stations (2 languages max.)
– Possibility to connect the seminar hall in videoconferencing
– Reception
– Set-up with panel table or with armchairs
– Coat check on request

Seminar hall
– Capacity 50 people
– Video projection equipment
– Audio/video system
– 2 simultaneous translation stations (2 languages max.)
– Reception
– Coat check on request


Halls on second floor
Capacity 120/140 seats
with round tables